Job function: Product Development
Proxisense is a spin-out of Oxford University’s engineering department and is in the early stages of product development and growth. The company has previously developed and sold technology for aerospace applications but is currently creating technology for other markets including pharmaceuticals production (inline test/PAT and counterfeit detection) and medical devices.
The development team are currently engaged in designing, manufacturing and testing core sensor technologies. The Laboratory Technician’s focus will be on the development of manufacturing solutions, testing of these solutions, and manufacturing/testing potential sensors. The role requires a degree of manual dexterity but also the imagination and tenacity to make things better each day.
The role reports to the Head of Innovation & Engineering and is located near Farnborough on Cody Technology Park. Physical presence is required for most of the week and travel is anticipated but on a minimal basis.
- Strong experience of manual assembly techniques and the ability/willingness to get stuck-in
- Experience of measuring and mixing chemical components
- High level of ability in conducting and reporting technical experiments
- Experience in assembling small physical equipment
- Knowledge of Chemistry and or Chemical Engineering
- History of working in a manufacturing organisation
- Experience of working with
- Solidworks/Fusion360 or similar
- History of working in an ISO approved company
- Knowledge of processing mapping techniques and methodologies
- UI/UX Testing
- Be able to work in a small team and do what is needed to get the job done
- Problem solving will be part of your day-to-day life so must be comfortable with this
- Be creative and persistent – nothing great works the first time you try
- Be accountable to your teammates for delivery of the shared goals of the company
- Degree in Engineering or Science discipline or applicable technical qualification and experience
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible working environment on a beautiful campus
- A friendly working atmosphere with everyone pulling in the same direction
- Being part of a small team challenged with delivering something great
- A competitive salary
To apply for this position, please contact us via our contact form.