Head of Applications and Product Management
Job function: Product Marketing
Proxisense is a spin-out of Oxford University’s engineering department and is in the early stages of product development and growth in new sectors. The company has previously developed and sold technology for aerospace applications but is currently creating technology for other markets including pharmaceuticals and chemicals production (inline test/PAT) and medical devices.
The development team are currently designing, manufacturing and testing core sensor technologies for novel applications in PAT sensing. The Head of Applications and Product Management’s role will ensure the sensors are fit for purpose and deliver a high value in the PAT market. This will involve being the internal product owner and champion, responsibility for the product roadmap, including project timelines and delivery, and for developing analytical solutions that test the sensors both internally and with external customers and collaborators.
It is important that the successful candidate can lead the development of the sensor and ensure that the project is delivered on time and to the minimal viable specification. A key part of the role is to provide data analysis and interpretation, owning the product requirements (User Requirement Specification) and automation of data analysis.
The role reports to the Chief Business Officer and is located near Farnborough on Cody Technology Park. Physical presence is required for most of the week as close working with the Head of Innovation & Engineering, and the rest of the engineering team, is essential for effective and rapid product development. Travel is anticipated, but on a minimal basis until the products are in extensive customer trials.
- Experience of leading and developing new analytical instruments and tools
- Product roadmap ownership and project management skills
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of data analysis techniques such as PLS, PCA and related chemometric techniques
- Expert at analysing data to develop valuable process insights
- pplications support and analytical method development
- Experience of the PAT market
- Experience of Chemistry and or Chemical Engineering
- Experience of using and writing Python/Matlab script
- Strong experience or education in applied chemometrics, ideally in PAT applications
- Working knowledge of embedded software methodologies
- Experience of working with
- Solidworks/Fusion360 or similar
- History of working in an ISO approved company
- UI/UX Development
- Be able to work in a small team and do what is needed to get the job done
- Problem solving will be part of your day-to-day life so must be comfortable with this
- Be creative and persistent – nothing great works the first time you try
- Be accountable to your teammates for delivery of the shared goals of the company
- Degree in Engineering (BSc/BEng/MEng) or Science discipline with post-grad qualification or more than 3 years post-grad experience
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible working environment
- A friendly working atmosphere with everyone pulling in the same direction
- Being part of a small team challenged with delivering something great
- A competitive salary
To apply for this position, please contact us via our contact form.